MICROPEN PRP TREATMENT
At Ageless Health Institute, we are excited to offer our clients the latest in skin rejuvenation: Microneedling with PRP, also known as MicroPen PRP or the Vampire Facial. This treatment can be performed on the face as well as the body.
What are the benefits of microneedling?
- Improves fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Reduces acne scars
- Softens stretch marks
- Evens skin tone
- Lightens hyper pigmentation and sun spots
- Reduces appearance of pores
- Firms and smooths skin texture
- Heals scars
- Reduces broken capillaries and spider veins
- Brings back the glow for fresher, younger looking skin
At Ageless Health Institute, we add Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) to the procedure to greatly enhance the microneedling benefit. This complete treatment is known as MicroPen PRP.
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
We obtain PRP by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm into a sterile tube. The sample is centrifuged to separate your plasma, which we use for the treatment, from your red and white blood cells. Plasma contains high concentrations of platelets, stem cells, and growth factors. Platelets help your tissue heal and grow new cells.
Historically, PRP has been primarily used in orthopedic medicine, dentistry and reconstructive surgery to help speed up recovery. Now, cosmetic dermatology also uses it to help damaged, aging skin to grow new collagen and elastin for beautiful, youthful results.
What are the benefits of microneedling with PRP (MicroPen PRP)?
When PRP is used with microneedling, it penetrates your skin through the tiny channels that the microneedles create. The treatment uses the tiny needles to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin. These micro-injuries stimulate collagen and elastin production. The PRP supercharges the microneedling benefits. PRP also addresses under-eye puffiness and dark circles to give you a more youthful, well-rested appearance. Since PRP is derived from your own blood, the side effects are virtually eliminated.
Which areas of the body can be treated with microneeding and PRP?
Who is a good candidate for microneedling with PRP?
Microneedling with PRP is a very safe and effective treatment for adults with all skin types who wish to improve their skin quality. The depth of the MicroPen can be adjusted to meet the client’s individual needs and objectives. Due to its low-risk profile, microneedling with PRP is a good option for people who are not good candidates for lasers, such as those with darker skin types. MicroPen PRP is also a very powerful tool for treating scars on the face and body.
How is the microneedling with PRP procedure performed?
First, we apply a topical numbing gel to the treatment area for optimal comfort. Then we insert a new sterile cartridge containing 12 microneedles into the MicroPen and select the appropriate depth setting based on your skin’s unique needs.
We apply your prepared PRP solution to the treatment area before and after the microneedling procedure to ensure that the PRP gets fully absorbed.
What does microneedling feel like?
Since we apply a topical numbing cream prior to the treatment, discomfort is significantly lessened. Microneedling feels like light sandpaper being moved across the skin. Also, the post-treatment hydrating gel will help with recovery.
How long does the procedure take?
About one hour total. The numbing process takes about 30 minutes. While you are numbing, we draw your blood and centrifuge it to obtain the PRP. The microneedling takes about 30 minutes, depending on the treatment area.
What is the downtime after the MicroPen PRP?
The downtime is minimal with only one to three days of mild redness, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment. Our post-treatment products and instructions will help speed up your recovery.
When will I see results after the MicroPen PRP?
You’ll notice an immediate “glow” to your skin and it will continue to improve over the next few weeks. The full results can be seen up to 6 months post treatment as collagen production continues.
How many treatments are needed with the Micropen PRP to see optimal results?
We recommend a series of at least three to six treatments about four to six weeks apart to see the best results. You can then do the treatment between 1-3 times a year to maintain these results.
How is MicroPen different from dermal needling rollers?
- Adjustable needle depth: Dermal needling rollers are the first generation of needling devices. They have a fixed depth and can’t be adjusted to meet your varying skin needs. Elipse MicroPen Elite has an adjustable needle tip that allows us to vary the depth of penetration throughout the treatment depending on your skin’s condition. We can now address the specific needs of your crow’s feet, under eyes, forehead, upper lip, cheeks and neck with a single needle tip instead of multiple dermal needle rollers.
- Safer: MicroPen is safer than dermal rollers due to its sterile single-use surgical grade disposable needle tips. The unique features of the Turbo Safety Needle® of the Eclipse MicroPen provide greater efficiency and clinical results while ensuring the highest level of safety. Because the MicroPen works on ALL skin types, it’s a great choice for almost everyone.
- Faster: MicroPen’s high-speed motor enables quick needle penetration. This provides a more comfortable experience that patients often describe as a “sandpaper-like” sensation.
- Better results: Safety and control features produce predictable and consistent results.
How is MicroPen PRP different from lasers?
When used correctly, skin resurfacing lasers can be a wonderful tool for treating aging skin. Lasers use a focused light to create heat that destroys undesirable pigmentation and stimulates collagen and elastin production. This results in tighter skin and with improved skin tone and fewer wrinkles. Although effective for many people, it’s not ideal for treating patients with naturally darker skin (Fitzpatrick type IV and above). Eclipse MicroPen breaks up the pigment mechanically and remodels the collagen without heat. By removing heat, the microneedling treatment is safer and more comfortable with a very low complication rate.