Botox & Filler Pre/Post care
In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications of injections please follow these simple steps:
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Take Arnica Montana to help the bruising and swelling, start at least 1-4 days prior to injections.
- Take Vitamin K 5 days before injections, 1 capsule each day.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for 48 hours before and after treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation.
- Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. Sculptra does take longer to see results so plan accordingly with your provider.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 4 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive any facial/ laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Try to exaggerate facial expressions for 1 hour after Botox treatments it can help the Botox find its way to the muscle into which it was injected after treated.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
- It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for product used during any touch up or subsequent appointments.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.
Post-Treatment Instructions Dermal Filler
- Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by the provider.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
- If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
- Use Tylenol for discomfort.
- Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Dermal fillers may take to to 3 weeks to fully settle and smooth out. Touch ups can not be preformed before 2 weeks after your initial injection.
Microblading Pre/Post Care
- Please do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat will expands the pores.
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before your procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
- Avoid plucking, waxing, threading or any hair removal services within 3 days of your procedure. This can also trigger the skin healing process and should be avoided.
- Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
- Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- Botox or other fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Laser treatments
Post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows. Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrow area during the first 7 days after your procedure.
Day 1 (Day of treatment): 2-3 hours after treatment, gently clean the area with a very small amount of sterile water on a cotton pat, just barely damp, NOT wet. Do this 2-4 more times today to avoid a build up of blood/lymph in the area.
Day 2 & 3: When you wake up, gently wipe the area with a small amount of sterile water on a cotton pad. Be careful not to rub the brows hard, tug or scrub the brows. Do this 2-4 more times today to avoid build up of blood/lymph. Using a cotton swab, apply a very small amount of Aquaphor to brows (half the size of a grain of rice for both brows). Do not us aggressive manipulation/movement of the skin -be gentle.
Days 4-14: Gently clean the brows with a slightly damp cotton pad 2-4 times a day. Then apply a very small amount of Aquaphor 2-4 times daily. You brows should feel hydrated but not wet.
The following must be avoided during all 14 days post-microblading procedure:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
Please wash your face carefully around the eyebrow without getting water or cleanser on the treated area. During the shower, keep your face away from the shower head or take a bath. Apply a thick layer of Aquaphor before showering to protect your brows from moisture and remove excess after you get out.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Ageless Health Institute immediately, to discuss further instructions.
Contact a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge that is foul in odor.
What to Expect During and After Your Microblading Session:
Entire healing process will take from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. The color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day and for about 4 days post procedure.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period (peeling), brows might appear lighter than original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, clients may lose original hair strokes which make brows look uneven. It is absolutely normal. That’s is the reason why most clients need a touchup at 4-6 weeks.
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. The final look of your eyebrows will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
Never rub the treated area as it will disturb the skin from natural healing.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. When using foundation, be aware when applying to avoid your healed eyebrows. If foundation covers healed brows, your eyebrows will appear lighter.
You can now enjoy your beautiful new eyebrows. You will simply love your new gorgeous fresh look!